Monday, November 15, 2010

Kindergarten News
November 15-19, 2010

Weekly Theme:
Native Americans/
Thanksgiving

Early Literacy idea
When reading familiar stories to your child, try stopping once in a while and let him/her fill in what comes next in the story. This is a fun way to help with comprehension skills.

NOVEMBER

This week we will cover the letters Y and Z. HOORAY, we made it to the end of the alphabet! Make sure you look at their alphabet books and drawing books they will be bringing home. They are so excited to show you their awesome work! We will learn the sight words to, my.

We will have Centers this week, but because we are out Wednesday through Friday the following week for the Thanksgiving holiday, we will not have them during that week. (November 22-26). Thank you again to those who come each week and help with Centers. You are truly appreciated!

If you signed up to furnish something for our Thanksgiving Party, I will attach a reminder to your child’s homework. Our party is on Tues., Nov. 23. You can just send the items with your child on that day. If anyone would be willing to send some apple slices, please let me know. (5-6 apples cut up) I had one person sign up for apples in the PM class, but could use one more volunteer for that class and two volunteers for the AM class. Also if some one could send cheese cubes for the AM class, I would appreciate that too! Just send a note or e-mail me if that works for any one. (We are having a “mini” Thanksgiving dinner with some healthy snacks that day). THANKS SO MUCH!

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK! Thank you for sharing your children with me. I am enjoying them and I am pleased with the progress they are making. As always, please feel free to contact me any time!
linda.wood@ironmail.org
ginger.ekker@ironmail.org
586-2850

No comments:

Post a Comment